Hai guys today iam giving a valuable information to delete the previous windows installation folder named "Windows.old".When you are trying to install windows(any windows like Windows 8,Windows 7,Windows XP,etc...) without a bootable disk ie,after booting into any os said above.After the installation you will be noticed that in the windows installation drive.Your old windows files will be moved into a folder named Windows.old.But you can't delete this folder by any type of softwares or simply by deleting that folder.
So here is the steps to remove that folder that eats approximately 9.00 gb of memory.
- Goto Control Panel.
- Search for "Disk cleanup".
- Then it will prompt to select a drive.
- Select the windows installation drive.
- Then in that appeared window.Click Advanced.
- Then a window with searching for files to be cleaned up including "Previous Windows Installation".
- After that a window appears with selection of files to be removed from your system.
- In that check the checkbox named Previous Windows Installation.
- Then hit enter.
- The removal process will be started deleting that folder.
- After the removal process you will be noticed that the "Windows.old" folder is removed.